Wednesday 4 May 2016

Generations of Pop Culture



   Since I have already looked at the pop culture of my generation, I have decided to look into pop culture for my mom's generation. As you could probably tell from the image above, my mom was an 80's teen. The 80's pop culture was a lot different compared to today's pop culture, it has changed over the years and decades. Although we have some similarities, but we also have differences. The similarities that we share with the 80's is fashion. A lot of 80's trends are coming back in rotation, for example high waist shorts or pants, crop tops, and some of the grunge style. But some differences compared to today's generation and their generation would definitely be how we communicate with the world, we have different way's of media sources. In the 80's they didn't have the technology that we have today, they had telephones, print media, television and radio and now today we have internet and different types of social media. Looking into pop culture from today and back than. nothing really surprised me with what I have found, pop culture will always continue to change as time goes on and as people grow.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent, but the assignment also asks you to look at the pop culture of your grandparents generation

    ReplyDelete